I did warn you,
In MJ words “Gonna hurt your mind“
“You know I’m bad, I’m bad – you know it, really, really bad”
For these I personally won’t recommend that even the free dinner would suffice, may be along with a few bottles uncorked and a din, so that the TV plays in background with no one watching. The movie is just an excuse for the parents (and wife), for the revelry. I don’t really see any other reason why one would like to watch these.
Highly predictable, either highly regressive or otherwise, but more importantly quite immaturely conceptualised. In most of these it may be better to keep a tab on the director and tread carefully whenever the name is encountered in the jacket. Most of these had not a bad, or an unknown, star cast, Uttam Suchitra Combo can’t be called a bad one, with Chhabi, Pahadi, Chhaya on the sides. So it isn’t enough to go by that part.
There may be strong message (like in Pathik) , but it is a lost one. So the existence finally didn’t matter.
- Angeekar (1966) – Rural to Urban, Over-ambition drama – Bikash Roy, Manju Dey, Asim Kumar
- Badsha (1963) – Drama: Criminal and Child – Kali Bannerjee
- Baluchari (1968) – Family : Meghe Dhaka Tara Concept – Sabitri, Anil, Anup, Lily
- Chithhii ( 1973) – Romance – Samit Bhanja, Sandhya Roy
- Har Mana Har (1972) – Romance, Triangle – Uttam, Suchitra
- Jibanmaran (1938) – Rich-Poor, Triangle – K L Saigal, Leela Desai, Bhanu
- Mahanisha (1956) – Romance, Family – Bikash Roy, Sandhya Rani, Anubha Gupta.
- Mantrashakti (1958) – Family, Regressive – Uttam, Sandhya Rani.
- Raater Rajanigandha (1973)– Orphan heiress on run, Romance – Uttam, Aparna.
- Raja Saja (1960) – Simpleton made heir, manipulation – Uttam, Sabitri, Bikash, Tarun
- Rajkumari (1970) – Romance, Class Conflict – Uttam, Tanuja, Chhaya, Pahadi
- Sabar Uparey (1955) – Miscarriage of Justice, Romance – Uttam, Suchitra, Kamal, Jayashri Sen
- Shapmochan (1955) – Superstition, Romance – Uttam, Suchitra.
- Pathik (1953) – Social , Socialist – Shombhu Mitra, Monica Ganguly, Tripti Mitra
- Prashna (1955) – Drama, Romance –Prabir Kumar, Arundhati, Chhabi, Dilip
- Rupasi (1970) – Romance – Samit Bhanja, Sandhya Roy